Wednesday, October 13, 2010

beginning the journey to the manger

My favorite part of being a member of a theater company is that there is always a show. Even as the final curtain closes on one production, the next is anxiously waiting to begin. The "end of show blues" are replaced with the enjoyment of the short break before we start the process all over again.

I walked into the first rehearsal for "Journey to the Manger" with the usual excitement and anticipation. Being introduced to the new material is almost like Christmas morning, and provides a glimpse of the coming months work. Masquer goes beyond the typical theater experience, however. In addition to the planning, rehearsal, memorizing lines and music.... there's the comfort in being with the friends who have become family.

There were a lot of new faces this time. I'm truly looking forward to getting to know the new folks. Each show we've done has brought special people into my life, and I'm sure this will be the same. It really doesn't seem like that long ago that I was the new face. When I walked into auditions two years ago, it was like I belonged here all along. This is not something that has happened elsewhere in life, and I pray I can help contribute to that experience for anyone who steps into the company.

So here we go.... a new show, new songs.... singing Christmas carols in October, and I'm pretty sure that God has a few things planned for us along the way. He always seems to celebrate His Son's birthday with a surprise or two. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment